Garage fire caused by grill being used indoors
ELMIRA, N.Y. -- Elmira Heights firefighters made quick work of a fire they say started by a grill being used inside a garage.
Firefighters were called around 3:10 p.m. Saturday to a home on East McCann's Boulevard. They found a detached garage that was engulfed in flames. Inside, were various propane and gas tanks, making the situation even more dangerous.
Firefighters took control quickly and no one was injured.
Meanwhile, with the colder temperatures, some people may be wondering if it's safe to grill inside. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission advises that a grill should never be used inside and it should be kept at least 10 feet away from any building.