The Car Coach: Online auto parts
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
When you need an auto part, it’s best to research your options in order to find the best price. Besides checking at your local auto parts store, consider taking advantage of popular online resources.
Online auto parts and vehicle sales have grown each year. Sites like eBay Motors sell quite a few new and rebuilt auto parts online.
Here are some online auto parts statistics that may surprise you:
• A car or motorcycle helmet is purchased online every 90 seconds
• An auto part or auto accessory is bought every second
• A brake part is bought every 60 seconds
• A car speaker sells every 8 minutes
• More than 26 million parts are available at any given time on eBay Motors
• A pair of motorcycle riding boots sells every 12 minutes
• Internal engine parts sell every 9 minutes
• Automotive Shocks and struts sell every 2 minutes
• A rear axle differential part sells every 7 minutes
• An engine or component part sells every 26 seconds
• Clutch parts sell every 4 min
• An audio sound systems sells every 5 minutes
• A wheel or tire is sold every 13 seconds
These tips will help you make the right choices when shopping for auto parts:
• No matter how handy you think you are or how much you know about cars, don’t make a diagnosis without checking with a qualified mechanic first.
• Contact the online seller and confirm the part numbers. Do this even if they have the car parts listed.
• If you receive car parts that look incorrect, do not install them. If you do, you may not be able to exchange them. Contact the seller immediately.
• Unless the buyer is very reputable, make sure you only buy online car parts that include photos of the actual part on the advertisement. That way you know what to expect when you receive them.
• Remember, there are various levels of quality when buying car parts online. While it’s preferable to replace your car parts with genuine parts, many aftermarket brands are built to OEM quality standards and will suit your application just fine.
There are many websites to consider when purchasing online. With the ever-increasing availability of online choices, be sure to shop around locally as well.